Haiti - News : Zapping...

Haiti - Cholera : Daily bulletin #200

Haiti - Politic : 99th anniversary of the DGI, speech by PM (Video)

Haiti - Flood FLASH : 51 dead, 18 people missing and nearly 40,000 families affected... (Provisional report updated)

Haiti - FLASH : First provisional assessment of the earthquake of June 6, 2023 (Grand-Anse)

more news

here Haiti - Gold Cup 2023 : Friendly match confirmed Haiti vs Inter de Miami

iciHaiti - Politic : Mirlande Manigat declines the invitation of the Bahamas PM

iciHaiti - NORCECA Volleyball Tournament : 2nd defeat for our Grenadiers

iciHaiti - ALERT : Minister Rival, victim of identity theft

iciHaiti - Baccalaureate 2nd session : Open registrations for unsuccessful candidates (2022-2023)

more news

iciHaiti - Urban violence : 8,919 people fled their homes (April 2023)
26/05/2023 07:32:10

iciHaiti - Urban violence : 8,919 people fled their homes (April 2023)
Displacement monitoring aims to collect information on large and sudden population movements, as well as security emergencies. Information is collected through interviews with key informants or direct observation. This dashboard presents information on major population displacements that occurred during the month of April 2023 in Haiti.

During this month, several violent events led to massive population displacements in the West department. In total, 2,261 households comprising 8,919 individuals moved, i.e. 19% less compared to March 2023 when 11,036 people moved.

These people came mainly from the communes of Cabaret (42%) and Port-au-Prince (27%).

In addition, localities located in the municipalities of Arcahaie (34%) and Port-au-Prince (24%) were their main destinations. The majority of the displaced people (76%) took refuge in host communities and the rest (24%) in accommodation sites.

IH/ iciHaiti

Twitter Facebook Rss Add to favorites
Send news to... Daily news...

Why IciHaiti ? | Contact us | Français
Copyright © 2010 - 2023