iciHaiti - Kidnapping : 10 tips from AGERCA for your safety
In recent months, acts of insecurity have broken records throughout the country, particularly cases of kidnapping with demand for ransom. Every day, there are on average nearly 3 cases of kidnapping recorded in Haiti (CARDH 2021 https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-35491-haiti-insecurity-haiti-is-the-country-with-the-highest-rate-of-kidnappings-per-capita.html )
AGERCA) recalls "by acting on your vulnerability, you can reduce the risk of being among the victims. There are practical tips to apply and share with your loved ones to protect yourself against this risk of insecurity."
10 tips from AGERCA for your safety :
1. Go out only in times of great need;
2. Inform your loved ones of your routes;
3. Monitor and control everything done and done in your immediate environment;
4. Avoid distracting yourself with a phone or other things in the middle of the street;
5. Limit your movement when it is dark except in cases of extreme emergency;
6. Avoid high-risk areas and uncrowded detours;
7. Exposing your personal life less on social networks;
8. Close all the doors of your house at night;
9. Stay cautious and vigilant as much as possible;
10. Be courteous to everyone.