iciHaiti - Cholera : Training of health officers of the West department
This training focused on :
- Water quality and control / Water quality control;
- Cholera waste management;
- Personal and environmental hygiene;
- Community mobilization;
- Sanitary cord;
- Epidemiological surveillance;
- Management of Cholera;
- Integrated action framework for the response to Cholera.
In addition, to improve the reporting of surveillance and testing data and to promote better management of the epidemiological response at the level of the Central Health Department (second after the West to be the most affected by the cholera epidemic), the Ministry of Health, through the Directorates of Epidemiology, Laboratories and Research, the National Health Emergency Management Unit and the National Public Health Laboratory carried out several interventions during the last two weeks of November, including the distribution of materials for the epidemiological response and of inputs for treatment.